THIS IS NOT AND NEVER WAS OFFICIAL: Rich Gang “Tap Out” Cover

TAP OUT copy

Sometime later today Birdman is dropping the first “Rich Gang” single featuring himself, Weezy, Nicki and Future. I slept on the idea for the cover and had to wake up and make it happen.

UPDATE: THIS COVER IS NOT AND NEVER EVER WAS OFFICIAL. Yes I have done some official work in the past but this is simply a cover for personal use or for people to look at. When making the cover I searched through images on Google and found the mask that I used….just so happens that it’s associated with some “Stompdown” group. Never heard of them until this cover was released and I never intended to use their logo. Sorry if anyone feels like this is “stealing” but it definitely was not intended in that way. By doing some research there are other places that use this silhouette and seem to be making profit off of it…for example if you search Ski Mask Movement a clothing brand appears using the same logo. They are claiming it as their own and I certainly am not.

ALSO…by doing some research I have found that the logo for “Stompdown” is the same thing/very very similar to what you get when you use the live trace feature on Adobe Illustrator on the below image…

…nothing wrong with that. That’s fine. But my point is that someone else could and is likely to simply “live trace” that image in the future thus recreating the same logo that “Stompdown” uses.

So in conclusion, I used the silhouette that I used because that’s all it was…a silhouette. I had no way of knowing but now that I do I am in fact giving credit to “Stompdown” as they claim it as their logo.

And once again, this cover is not and never was official.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think!

About these ads

10 responses

1. Fully bitten, weak! YouTube.com/ stompdown

2013/03/12 at 11:57 pm

• dieboltdesigns

2013/03/13 at 2:14 am

• I googled a few different things, and not once did that mask image appear. It’s not all over google.

2013/03/13 at 7:06 pm

• Well all I’m saying is that that’s how I found it. Didn’t come from any of this “Stompdown” stuff. It was just a mask. Never intended to use a logo for a company. Regardless, the matter is over. I gave credit and apologized for confusion. The cover is not official…aka I def did not get paid or am I making any profit of this. Just a stupid cover for people to look it. That’s all.

2013/03/13 at 8:31 pm

2. Stompdown Killaz!

2013/03/13 at 12:07 am

3. Tom

Stealing from Stompdown killaz…. be prepared to get some shit for this!

2013/03/13 at 1:56 am

• Honestly what I did with this cover was not any different than someone drawing the mask for fun. This cover isn’t official AND credit was given to “Stompdown”. The mask silhouette that “Stompdown” uses is easily found all over Google and there is a clothing brand SELLING shirts with the “Stompdown” logo claiming it as theirs. Once again, this cover was done for fun and for personal use. I also cited “Stompdown” as the source for the logo. Have a nice day.

2013/03/13 at 2:12 am

4. Kevin

Get your own stuff..

2013/03/13 at 3:35 am

5. Carol

Go on Google and search IMAGES for “ski mask”…..its the first thing that appears!

2013/03/13 at 9:14 pm

6. Ian

Hey, dieboltdesigns.
    I’m not here to leave some childish reply about you “stealing” the masks, I’m not even really sure what that is about, but I am curious on the FONT used for this cover. Think you could share that with me (please)?

2013/07/12 at 9:46 pm